Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Loving Cups in the Cupboard







I've been hitting the markets lately, as I've been sharing in my last few posts. No sooner did I get this old pewter tankard into the house than Mr. Cottage coveted it for his own. Loads of character in all it's misshapen charm,and a lovely inscription to go with it which reads, "A Brother in Spirit if Not in Blood." Great for celebrating a pint on St. Paddy's Day! 



I found a pair of small loving cups to go with it. I love their winged handles, and of course it's such good Irish luck to find a pair!



You can see them up on my mantel with a few other glinty things. But the metal industrial tray in the foreground that I recently found was what I am meaning to show. It's terrific for stashing all my necessaries of cords, remotes, pens, glasses, etc. on the table.



All the book piles from before have been stowed, so there's a bit more breathing space for now. I have finally come to understand that I have made this room my office, if I have one at all.




A crochet throw dresses up the sofa, as I am transitioning away from the wools for a new season. I love the gorgeous texture. I usually photograph with the shutters closed over the sofa, but since they are almost always open, I try to keep the view presentable.







A  bit more pewter and zinc round out the metals on display in the cupboard.














I think it's time for me to polish some old silver while I'm in the mood. I hope you have something a little more fun planned for  your day!

   Thanks so much for stopping by!

Jacqueline




Join me at

23 comments:

  1. OH I love the look of all that beautiful metal, Jacqueline...the loving cups...be still my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks for sharing all of your metal bits and pieces. Just love that industrial tray - that's pretty cool and goes perfectly in your "office"!
    x Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful trophy! I like the linen on the fridge. I like the view through the shutters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the looks of all of it, also the painted brick walls.
    Sometimes I wish I could close off my kitchen with huge shutters LOL
    The silver cup is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jacqueline, you have definitely been on a roll of luck with your recent finds. I want to shop your thrifts and markets. '-) Love the new metal finds. '-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your style! Have been on the hunt for a loving cup, hopefully someday the right piece with cross my path :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice finds, J! I love the juxtaposition of the metals with your pretty linens and whites. I find that various pieces of metals...from furniture to accessories, are becoming quite the thing. Pssssst...stay tuned for my upcoming living room redo!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those cups are very cool. You must of been extra special good the day you found the pair!!!Loving that metal tray.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi J,
    More great finds! I admit I am pea green with envy, Loving Cups are on my list of things I would love to have... a pair, your killing me! They are yummy!!
    Happy Polishing!
    Hugs,
    B

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've always had such a great eye and take great pictures. The metal pieces look so nice among the linens.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i just love silver tones paired with white. it's such a nice aesthetic. adore the inscription on that tankard! and those scripted napkins are lovely too! the whole vignette on your shelf is gorgeous. happy grey dey J! so glad you joined in!;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The silver adds a nice touch with all your dreamy whites.
    Tarnished or polished I think it is an elegant option especially when one considers that it can be found second hand for a very small sum!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You do always hit the jackpot. These pieces are so pretty. Love that basket and the cups too!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Closet full of treasures - I know how hard and often you need to clean the silver. I here for you to look - I cordially greet

    ReplyDelete
  15. Every time I look at your home, your vintage finds, your photography...the one word that immediately comes to me is "lovely". Just pure loveliness!
    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jacqueline,
    I can see why Mr. Cottage coveted the old pewter tankard for his own. . .a stunning piece, indeed! The inscription is amazing!!!
    I'd say you've a bit of "The Luck of The Irish" with you lassie on your recent shopping trips!!!
    Love seeing more of your lovely home...the peek through the shutters,intriquing!
    Have a marvelous weekend, dear friend!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, I just realized I gave away a bedspread of the same pattern that is over your couch. I felt it took up too much room in a closet. I have regretted that decision. I think that all white and metal is really crisp and so warm at the same time.
    March 1st has come in like a lion; roaring with stinging cold! I hope my trip to FL will bring some spunk back into my creative juices. Thanks for being so kind!
    Blessings,Roxy
    I have found your blog to be a bright spot in my days

    ReplyDelete
  18. So much beauty as usual.

    What caught my eye were the silver pieces with Roman numerals. I assume they are napkin rings and I just love them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it. I have a similar antique afghan. Your white ironstone is always amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the metal basket, Jacqueline! So handy and with such a lot of character. And I do love old silver and pewter. The loving cups and the tankard are so wonderful. And what a dear inscription! It's wonderful to absorb history into one's home that way, and give old items new appreciation.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I always love seeing what you have in your cupboards. those silver loving cups are quite a find. and aren't you sweet to share with hubby!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!